View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I figured out how to store my batting - space bags! I have a box that I got from a discount store a while back and it is just sitting doing nothing - now one or two bags will hold the non warm n natural type. Back when I bought the bags, I was thinking ok change out summer and winter clothes, so I got 2 boxes of 5 bags each different sizes.
In the process of moving books, and magazines now. They are residing in totes on the floor.
I used spacebags a few years ago to store batting but they didn't seem to hold their vacuum and expanded horribly after a few weeks! I may try some new ones, maybe they are better now. How old are yours?
I have some of my batting in space bags. My space bags were at least two yrs. old. and no problems yet! I get out what batting I need, suck out the air and they've stayed flat so far.
I figured it would be a nice way to store them, as well as get rid of the box that the space bags came in - more room elsewhere in my house.
The books are put away, I have more carpet showing now - been working on it. Done for the night now.