Thread: Applique
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 05:43 AM
user3587

I'm going to try that dryer sheet technique right know. That might be just the way to go. I want to get started learning so I can do the Baltimore Blues patterns. I was going to start a Baltimore with machine emboridery but something that kind of took me back a little happened. I found some designs(Balitimore) I really liked on a lady's site. Her name was Vicki Key and her web site was "Embroidery by Design" I had looked at them for a month or so. I had to wait to purchase them because of life's little way of keeping you broke. Well I finally had the money, went to the site and all it said was "In loving memory of Vicki Key" I was shocked. There is a community of digitzens(I'm not a digitzer, don't want to be) online and one had Vicki as one of her links. I emailed her and she replied with this. She had chrone's disease and the medications compromised her immune system. When she came down with pnuemonia she was not strong enough to fight it. She will be truly missed by her friends in the embroidery community. I don't know if anyone will take up her work or continue to allow it to be purchased or not. It would be ashame to let her work die with her. She was 4 yrs younger than me and I'm a young sometimes old 58. I know I got a little off subject but I can' t help but think about the lady when I think about baltimore designs. Embroideryonline has a set I might purchase but I want to think about the hand applique now and get good enough to do the ones by Sindy. I can do both at the same time because the applique will be for when I'm waiting on my sister. I can't take along machine emboridery so will save that technique for home. This is turning into a book, I better get busy, times a ticking by.