View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 AM
juliasb

My name is Julia and I live in Waterford Michigan. I have been quilting now for about 20 years. I spend 90% of my day in my sewing studio. In here I am surrounded with my sewing machines, cutting boards and fabrics. I am the first to admit I am a fabric-aholic. My fabric stash will out live me without a doubt! I have to really try to stop myself from bring any more into house as there is nowhere else to put it! I usually make 2-3 quilts a year any more as I have gone over the years from quantity to quality. I do most of my quilting by hand now and the majority of piecing is done on one of my several sewing machines. I love reproduction fabrics especially from the depression era. I don't consider myself and expert quilter but maybe at an intermediate level. There are still some pattern designs that I have not been able to conquer. I also love to use my embroidery machine to do some quilt designs. I have found the embroidery machine especially helpful when making crazy quilts. I love scrapy quilts too. I can't bring myself to throw away any piece of fabric larger and 2" in any direction. I know I can find a use for it!
Other things about me that are important I am a retired Social Worker (Gerontologist). I have 2 grown children 3 grand children and the most wonderful man you could ask for at my side. My sister (sister #2 Deb) is also a quilter. So that is me. I hope to be as active here as I can. This site looks to be a very grand place to play. Juliasb (aka Julia)