View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by Minda
If you hear that your local W-M is going to close its fabric department, call the corporate headquarters and request that they keep their fabric at that specific store. The clerks in the fabric department can tell you where to call and give you the store number.

When our W-M was going to remove the fabric department, we asked all of the members of the local guilds to call. We also asked parents of students at the local schools to call, since most of the students get their fabric at W-M for their sewing projects.

Due to the number of call they received, they decided to keep their fabric department. That was about 3 years ago.
We did the same thing here. Had our ASG members contact headquarters. They kept fabric in two stores for another year. One closed it out three months ago and my WM clerk/friend told me they just got the notice my store would be closing out in December. @#$%^&**&^%#$ They have already downsized several departments and boy, does it show. Clerks said they have hired several top dogs from Target and are trying to tern it into a Target type store. I shopped Target twice. Neither time did they have the advertised item in the store. The old "we're sold out of that item" bait and switch. On the first day at 9 AM? I don't think so.
Never went back.