View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Brenda Sue

Hello everyone. I am from from Cape Girardeau, MO. I found this message board a few months ago and I really do love it. I have learned so much. I like to collect sewing machines, but my family thinks it is silly to have more than one machine. At least four people have benefited from my obsession, though. My granddaughter benefited with a Singer that has a fast/slow switch. She is 14 and would like to design her own clothes. Her brothers are also fascinated with sewing and quilting. They are 12 and 10. I am so glad to see other people who have the same obsession and that we are perfectly okay. My mother and I made quilts for my 3 siblings and myself for Christmas. Momma hand embroidered the blocks and I made the designs for the quilts. Then we had a local quilter machine quilt them for us. My family really liked them and now everyone wants a quilt. My sister is going to have to make one for her kids now. When I learn to attach pictures, I will show them to you. I would like to make a Memory Quilt for my mother, with pictures of her and Daddy when they were young and pictures of us 4 kids as we grew up. Daddy passed away in 2002 and it still seems unreal. He walked into the hospital with stomach pain and in two weeks he was gone. I have some of the pictures printed on cloth already and some velvet to use. This board has been very helpful, the ideas I have seen inspire me. I am so grateful that I found this Message Board.