View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Melody

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by Melody
whoops. I think my posts and my mind got mixed up... burnsk might be a saint. I'm not. ;-)
Nope, no saint burnsk here :lol:
For my birthday, my son's gift to me was painting my kitchen. That's what started the whole ball rolling. I still had that 'red-orange' counter top from the 60's. We took the counter top off and then decided the cupboards had to go. Then I said, "Hey, I never liked soffits. Let's get rid of those." Then the oven died, then the dishwasher died. At that point, threw up my hands and went to Home Depot and talked with a designer. What the heck, it was all torn up anyway. Rearranged everything and no appliance is in the original space. I still have a galley kitchen but two people can actually work in it at the same time now. Everything is new - WOO HOO. In the middle of all the redo, I broke my foot in 3 places and was in a cast. What a fiasco. But now we all look back and laugh at the 'fun' we had in the process.

The worst 2 rooms in any house to go through a re-do is the kitchen and the bathroom. Haven't done the bathroom yet. Can you believe all this time and we've only had one and I raised 4 kids in this house.
Bathroom and kitchen, you got it... toughest to do. We raised 3 kids and one bathroom, which happens to be upstairs! But about 8 years ago we FINALLY did a total redo. Getting the old cast iron tub out wasn't too bad, just bust it up. But wow, getting a new cast iron tub up those stairs was a bugger. Now, if I could just get a total redo in this 1940's kitchen. :hunf:
Burnsk, I'm feeling new hope! thank you.

But, my sewing room well that is just a matter of changing office stuff for my sewing stuff. Most of it I can do by myself. :mrgreen: