View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Susan P
Banned

When my husband and I started RVing, I didn't quilt. But I always took my needlepoint and cross stitch. We now have a 36' 5th wheel, and 4 years ago I started quilting. I do not leave home without my sewing machine. I bought a smaller, lighter Bernina than what I use at home, and it works out great. I use the dining table, but have seen some suggestions here I might like to try.

What I have done on several trips is to go to quilt stores and find fun projects to do, and make them to give to friends when we visit them. Of course, I leave with lots of fabrics and any notion I can find that I don't have. My husband is great about going to quilt stores no matter where we go. In one quilt store in Tucson, AZ he saw the accuquilt go cutting machine demonstrated and was totally sold on it. They didn't have any in the store, but we ordered one on the trip and it arrived just as we were getting home. I love it for cutting strips and so much more.

One thing I am very careful about is when we are on the road, I make sure the sewing machine is secure in a very safe place so it doesn't get jostled about when we hit those potholes and bumpy roads.

I say, take your machine, and sew to your hearts content! If you don't, no harm done. After all, I don't wear all the clothes and shoes I drag along.