View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
pab58

I used three Janome Gems in a Service Projects class I taught at my prior school. The students made baby and toddler quilts that were given away to pregnancy centers, nursing homes, the homeless, etc. The last year I conducted the class my three students made 200 quilts during that school year!!!! Those little machines really hold up well! You won't be disappointed!

My friend and neighbor next door to me works in her sister's quilt shop in Howell, Michigan, and she swears by Janome. It's the only brand of sewing machine they sell in the shop. She bought one of my little Gems for her granddaughter because she loves them so much!

I gave my mother one of the Gems, and I have the third one. I use it quite a bit. My mother especially loves hers because it is so lightweight, and it is so easy for her to carry around. She has problems with her wrists, and this little machine is perfect for her. I even take my Gem outside to the patio table to do some piecing when the weather is nice! Love it!!! I think you will, too! ;)