Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
grammypatty7

The internet and connection to online friends is one of the best things for those of us who for whatever reason can't get out and about or around people. I've had a couple of major illnesses that slowed me down and one was before the computer and internet and I really felt alone. The next was with the computer and it helped make my recovery so much better. I love my computer and internet friends.
Hugs
Patty

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by winterswisper
Thanks for the congrats. Unfortunately, I am home-bound now because my MS has advanced to the point that I don't get around too well and have lots of falls. I am utilizing the internet to take classes and meet fellow quilters and you are right. It is so much more enjoyable than doing it alone.
Ouch! (((hugs))) I have Fibromyalgia and a few other things that keep me mostly home-bound & unable to work so I can definitely sympathize. Kudos for you for not giving in and giving up! I haven't tried the Internet classes yet, though my friends tell me they are loads of fun. I look forward to seeing pictures of some of the stuff you get to make in these classes!