View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Carla P

And people say "it's just an animal...". They (the animals) have feelings too.

I'm glad your quilt is helping Cotton through his grief. I am sorry for both of you and your loss. :cry:

Last Fall I made a twin quilt for a fundraiser event held each year for a different local recipient. (Last year's event was for a 12 year old boy with an inoperable brain tumor. Sadly, it was to pay for his funeral; he passed away 3 weeks later.) The quilt alone raised over $600, and was won by (I'm shamefully happy to say) a very dear friend of mine. She has a 2 year old boy with Cereb. Pau. and is a full time Pharm. student. While out with them a few weeks ago, her husband told me the only way he can get the baby to sleep at night is to lay beside him on the couch with THAT quilt covering them up; no other will do. He is the sweetest little boy who has been through a lot already in his life. They carry the quilt with him every time he has to go to the doctor or hospital, and anytime his Mom is not there at bed time. Yes, some people really do love quilts, even if they have no idea what goes into making it.