View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 02:39 PM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
I have been looking for a pattern for t-shirts too and I too noticed that the patterns consisted of large blocks. Did you applique the fussie cut t-shirts onto muslin fabric? I have been collecting all my fabric baby clothes from my four boys. I wanted to make them into a quilt but I did not want to do large blocks. All that I had read says to fuse the pieces to mulsin but I kind of want them to be soft and not stiff.
I buy the softest iron-on Pellon I can find. Then I cut the t-shirts out, leaving more than I need but also leaving the neck band on to prevent stretching. Make sure the Pellon is a bit smaller than what you are ironing it on to or you will have it stuck to your ironing board.
Iron on the Pellon and then cut to the size you want. I am not sure how you would do the baby clothes. You might have to put something behind them or you are going to have strange shapes to work with instead of square blocks. Hope you can see what I am trying to say.
I wouldthink the baby clothes would be soft enough and if you do not do really tight close-together quilting, I think it would be a cuddily quilt. You might wash it once too when you are finished to help soften the backing. These are just ideas. If anyone else has suggestions, please jump in.