Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
JanetM

Originally Posted by stpatmom
I know you're right. I also know that if it were me, my parents would never have given me another one. Hopefully, she left it at the tutor's house. I still need to call her tomorrow along with the other two places. Hopefully, she just left it at the house, if not, I'm praying for good samaritans to have turned it in.

I just feel badly for her.....I'm also not looking forward to her telling her dad. I think I just feel guilty for getting that upset. Now I feel as though I was saying the $ spent was more important than anything. I guess I just need help sticking to my guns!
What do you mean..YOU have to call? I know this is going to sound harsh, but I really think your daughter has to take some responsibility here. She lost it, so she should make the calls to find it. If she can't find it, I would insist that she contribute to the cost of a new one. If she is too young to be working, I would have her doing chores to earn some of the money.
Trust me, if she is without one for a period of time, she will take better care of the next one. (((hugs))) to you. I had teenagers so I know it can be rough. We want our kids to love us, but sometimes our role makes it difficult, but they need a Mom, not a friend. They have plenty of friends. Oops, I think I just fell off my soapbox.