Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
AshleyO

Well I can now say that I know “Joy” (Singer treadle "Sphinx" from 1905) very well. I finished my quilt that I started just this week. It took a little work with the tension, but her stiches are so beautiful now. And the sound of that vibrating shuttle is so soothing. Hubby says he loves that sound, too. And he said maybe we could pick up another if we see a good deal :mrgreen:

The quilt really didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to, but it was great practice on winding the bobbin, threading the machine, and finding out what she likes. The fact of the matter is… Joy likes things her way! LOL She is pretty particular about having a tightly wound bobbin, being threaded perfectly, and making sure the thread it under the presser foot, and I mean, that is a big big deal to her! I have sewed on several modern machines and never really paid attention to where the thread tails went. Well I found out that Joy cares about that! Hehe. Anyhow, I feel great about how much I’ve learned. And I had fun. My next project will not be so ambitious. I think I can thread her with my eyes closed now! (Oh, and I went through 4 spools of thread in one project! That is a record for me!) Hehe. :mrgreen: