View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
bstanbro

Originally Posted by Chele
Quilting should be fun. In this century, we don't really need handmade quilts to keep us warm. You can poke fun at yourself if you strive for something more, but never let it stall your creativity or fun. Just create, have fun, and learn. If the end result makes you happy, yippee. If it doesn't, it will keep something beautifully warm or hang as a piece of art for someone that loves your vision. It might even serve as of reminder of where you started. If you're looking for perfection, you're going to have to make lots of quilts. Just send me your rejects!
The first quilt I finished was an applique wallhanging. The pattern was called "Girlfriends." Oh my, it had so many flaws. My satin stitch was terrible. I was afraid some of it might come undone. It was not square. The quilting was very basic. The back was kind of rumpled. I gave it to her anyway with the warning that "It has many flaws. But I took great joy in making it for you." She cherishes it completely. She hung it in her hallway where she can see it when she comes out of her bedroom in the morning. What seems to flawed to us may turn out to be someone else's treasure.