View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM
trupeach1
Banned

I do if you want to all it that. I do container gardening on my deck. I have 1/4 acrea of property but no one to help me with a REAL garden so I do the best I can by myself. Last week I harvested a crop of spinach and a few green onions. There are 6 different tomato plants, Besides red tomatoes and cherry I like heirloom yellow both large and cherry. Most of the tomato plants have flowers. I planted 3 different kinds of peppers, beets, squash, eggplant and romaine. For some reason the romain didn't sprout, last year I has so much I didn't know what to do with it all. I always have herbs growing, in doors all winter then a big pot all summer.
My entire back yard has wild strawberries, too bad I am allergic or I would pick them to make jam. This year I was shocked to find 6 canes of blackberries growing next to the stairs of my deck, how they got there I don't know. In NY I had a HUGE garden and blackberries. The blackberries multiply fast so in a few years I should have a really nice blackberry patch. I LOOOOOOOOOVE to make blackberry jam so I am excited about them. Now if I had chickens for fresh eggs I would be as happy as a pig in a poke.