Thread: I am sad
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewgull
When school districts cut teachers and aides why don't they cut from the top. I wonder how many jobs could done away with on the district level. Possible build school with usable teaching areas, Use the money for education not fancy buildings.
My soapbox: Back in the 50's and 60's students were taught respect at home. Where has respectand dicipline gone? Many parents don't care where their kids are, as long as they don't have to take care of them.
One of the sad facts of life is: some parents aren't teaching and disciplining their kids, bc they never experienced it, so they don't quite know how...the other half to this sad fact:
some of these parents WERE taught and disciplined and still don't pass those teachings and discipline on to their offspring :shock:
That group should really be ashamed of themselves.
Appropriate, loving discipline from parents, becomes
SELF-DISCIPLINE once the kids mature.
So many in this country have no self-discipline, so that gap is filled with all sorts of machinations and trouble.
I hate to see our school systems affected like this.
Some teachers give what parents don't.
One day we are all going to be REALLY old and these kids are going to be running the country and be our caregivers! :shock: yikes!