Thread: I am sad
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Bobbielinks

I feel for each and every one losing school positions. Our kids need you. Parents will have to become more involved if they want their children to get a good education. And I realize that few parents want to take the time and some just don't have the time. I grew up in a rural area where we had about 30 kids in each class, no kindergarden, just first through twelveth. Teachers did a wonderful job "policing" and teaching. We had no teachers' aids, but we did have "classroom moms" who came in now and then to help out, not everyday. My grandchildren are the fourth generation to this same school (their father, me, my mother all attended this school) At the end of this year the board had to make decisions to cut expenses. Instead of cutting people they voted to do away with some programs. There will be no summer school this summer; there will be no child work days this summer, when school starts in the fall children who play sports will need to pay a fee to do so. This is not the first year expenses had to be cut. About every 8 to 10 years the economy and schools in this area see this happen. We will get through it. Reinstate programs and live "high on the hog" again.