View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Betty

Hi Becky :!: Thanks for starting this one, got some more good ideas.I found a hanging/fold down ironing board at a thrift store for back of my door; have (3) 5' L shelves up-high enough to walk under-low enough to reach for stacks of fabric: have everything-else-craft in narrow tall bookcase on (opposite) side of rm from my anything-quilting stuff: keep my rotary cutters in eyeglass cases when not in use: brought hm copy paper boxes from the office, cut down to half height/lids still fit, and can store 20 of those under my bed!-all marked so I can just pull out what I want to pick through ... cottons/blends/denim,etc: I examine closely pizza boxes-if not greasy- I wash out-to be sure,- let dry well, line with new,clean paper...you can put a cut but not sewn yet project in them or fabrics/ideas/how-tos for a project you're thinking about & they stack great; I am looking for used ping pong table to have 1 side down-other up the wall till I want to use-I use a gateleg now but want larger & don't have the space in my master bdrm to have it up all the time; had tacked up a piece of backing for a quick design wall that I now have put on a throw-away white wipe-off board from work-it hangs nicely on metal grommets-have enough of the backing left I am looking for an old large junk photo frame so I can make another stand-up model for on my work table; I use an old small clothes hamper to stand up store my batting rolls; still have things that need solutions, definitely going to add a file folder stand for rulers & mats!, am a quilting newbie but with all of us sharing we can make "our" place one way or another, right? Betty 8)