View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Luv Quilts and Cats

Originally Posted by sharon b
Funny you should post this today . I was out of town today and had the chance to stop by a LQS, just not mine. Make sense. It was very pretty and the fabric was yummy :mrgreen: And on some, the prices probably 50 cents cheaper than MY LQS. Maybe they knew I wasn't from around there I don't know , but just not friendly . So as I looked and pondered .... nope walked out without buying even a fat quarter :roll: I will spend my money locally at MY LQS :lol: :thumbup:

And this is not the first time I have stopped by this store , and the first time just not friendly either.

So it does pay to get known at "your" LQS
Not having a friendly staff is the kiss of death for an LQS. My friends and I do not go to shops that are not friendly. And we pass the word to other quilters we know. One store I know of has changed owners so many times because either the new owner or their staff is not friendly and they go out of business. You would think a store that is involved in a craft would be shopper friendly to keep people coming back. I went to one store where the owner was so opionated that she turned alot of people off. If you can't be civil, don't be a quilt shop owner. Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.