View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
fabric=fun

Janet M. and others - if you are coming to the New England area, i would be glad to help you locate shops near where you are visiting/staying. I know about and have visited most of the ones in Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire - less to the ones in Conn. or R.I. I was helped by people on the board to locate shops on my trip in May to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys in California. Feel free to PM me and we can chat.

To others about attitude of shop owners and staff - I believe this is a reasonable expectation to be treated in a kind, courteous and respectful manner not because I am spending money but rather that we all should strive to that standard when we meet other people. This means that I need to be careful with their products and fabrics as I browse and not whine, complain or expect special treatment from them when something is out of stock or not available.

The original poster asked for ideas and I am submitting what I believe can make a difference in attracting quilters to their shop.