View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Deara

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Did you buy all of the special quilt in a day rulers recommended in the book - specifically, did you need the one for the flying geese? Just wondering. That one and one other are the only ones I think I need to buy as I have others that should work. Thanks
Patty

Originally Posted by Deara
Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Love your hubby's choice of colors and you did a beautiful job on it. I haven't read all of the posts. Thanks for sharing this with us today. I bookmarked it and just may pester you when I begin mine the end of January 2011.
Hugs
Patty

Originally Posted by Deara
I am making this for my husband. :D
He loves all things pertaining to the Civil War.

I have been inspired by all of you who have done the URR Quilt. :lol:
This quilt top has been a learning experience for me. :roll:
I have only sewn a friendship star and a nine-patch block previous to this undertaking.

I have had many days when I ripped out more than I sewed. :oops:
I have learned so much in the process. :)

Hubby helped me choose the fabrics and the backing for this quilt. :D
He has a good eye for color. I love his choices. :lol:

I do not know how I will quilt it. :roll:
Hubby suggested quilt in the ditch.
I want this quilt to hold up to everyday use.

Please give me your suggestions and comments.

Thank you all,
Sandi

Thank you for the compliment. The URR Quilt Top was a joint effort. Hubby does have a keen eye for color and an eagle eye for backing fabrics.
I would be honored to help in any way I can when you start yours. I know I had issues with the log cabin block. Mine was wobbily and lopsided. I made that block three times before I was happy with it. This quilt top was a real learning experience. I really like doing Sampler quilts.

Blessings,
Sandi
Hi Patty,
I did purchase all the rulers that the book suggested. This was my first attempt at following a pattern and I thought it was best being a newbie. I was pleased with the results and the detailed instructions the book has was easy to follow. Eleanor Burns is a great teacher. I like that she is a detail person.

Blessings to you,
Sandi