View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
JJs
Banned

drove (or rather DH drove) over 100 miles to go to another quilt show at a place we went two years ago - and frankly we were disappointed. The first time was great, lots of quilts, vendors, etc, but this time was a dud. Very few eye grabbing quilts, mostly wall hangings and lap quilts. I didn't take my camera because I wanted to just enjoy the show this time - didn't even miss it. (I thought I could use my phone to take a picture of anything that really wowed me - ha).
I did get a roll of 80/20 (not warm and natural) 15 yds for $70 - 96" wide - that works out to $4.66 a yard... not too bad. Played with Nolting Fun quilters in three sizes... hmmmm, unfortunately the guy said he'd only give me a thousand trade in on my Bailey/frame so I don't see an upgrade in the near future.
There was only one fabric vendor set up and the selection was basically yuk (all pastel florals) nice fabric for $6 a yard but nothing jumped out and said buy me.
So then we went to Hancocks and I got some stuff on the markdown from $3.95 to $4.50 a yard. (all the yellow/blue stuff and the black with writing and the gold) Then to Hobby Lobby where I got the brown paisley to go with the other two pieces.

Went to Ryans then came home.....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79977.jpe   attachment-79978.jpe