View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
lizcake

Hi. My name is Liz. (Hi Liz.) I have been quilting for almost 10 years, but will admit to having stopped quilting after a move five years ago. I recently began quilting again after making a patchwork-designed textures and patterns blanket for a baby I work with to play on. In the last 5 months, I have pulled out all my supplies and taken over an entire room in my new house to claim as a craft room.

Not only have I done all that, I have also been visiting quilting shops and various craft blogs for new ideas. I can't seem to stop! I have become addicted to I-Spy, and have since joined 4 swaps in two months. Not to mention the block swap I am also participating in.

If admitting I have a problem is the first step, then I am on the way. The way to where, I still haven't figured out! And I'm not so sure I want to change, either! I love what I'm doing!

If there were such a thing as FA, what would the 12 Steps be? (and does your guild/quilt group count as an FA group, a sponsor, or contributors?)

1. Learn to complete a project before buying materials for a new one.
2. Learn to make do with the scraps and selection already in your stash.
3. Learn to not be caught up in the mania of every new theme and idea seen in magazines, websites, and others' blogs.

Need some ideas to complete the steps. Anybody else feel like we ought to focus on this poorly represented population group?

;-)