Old 06-05-2010, 09:10 PM
debbieumphress

I handquilt one every year for Project Linus to raffle for our funds. I do machine quilt the top and handquilt the quilt. I did it alone. However, we had a member take a completed queen size quilt to her guild /church and in two days they had it hand stitched. SO having people help works. Having the donate the same size blocks works well too. I hope you friends know they can contact each lender and work out because of "Hardship" Most companies have them. I wish them the best. YOu can also apply to each hospital and they have a board that you turn in an application with and they decide if they will write off the whole thing. I went thru this with my hubby who had a massive heart attack 4 years ago.
Good luck with the raffle quilt. Something else I have done, of course I live in a midly small town...I took the quilt to the Volunteer fire dept adn when they had their next auction, they auctioned it for me after I explained Project Linus to them. Several people went in together and paid 650.00 for it then gave it back for us to continue the raffle. Good luck and make lots of money.