Thread: Music?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by seamstome
I listen to books on Audible. I have "read" 25 books that way this year. At an average of 10 hours a book that's alot of quilting!!!

When I am quilting with my GF we listen to music....XM 60's or 70' mix
I do the same thing!!!!! Jodi Picoult, Tracie Peterson, Beverly Lewis, Richard Paul Evans, Wally Lamb (for sure), Nancy E. Turner.

Our library sells their old cd's and tape audiobooks and everytime I am there I can get three or four/maybe six or seven books (50 cents each) and I get lots of hours of enjoyment from them. I finished a Wally Lamb book (28 discs long). Now that's a lot of sewing!!!!! I have hundreds of audio books. Then I pass them on to a friend that is blind, and she passes them on to a friend up in Northern Minnesota and then it finally ends up at the Lion's Club for older people to listen to and enjoy. The only time I do not listen to a book when I am sewing is when I have to do math. I can't figure math and listen to a book at the same time. But I can sew - hand sew, machine sew. I cannot sew and talk at the same time - hand sew or machine sew. Funny - our little idiocyncrasies, eh? Edie