View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Carol W

Originally Posted by seamstome
I just had to do two today. Both lap size. The first was a mess. Luckily it is going to my dad and he wont care! The second went better. I just was super duper careful and luckily my bobbin thread was a dead on color match. Neither are show quality for sure.

I will share my miter corner trick from the class. You pin the binding, then you mark a 45 degree angle on the binding from the corner out about a half inch. I stick a pin along that line. Then you sew to where you hit the line (and the pin). You pivot and sew along the line to the corner. You fold the binding up along the stitch line--making the angle. Lightly press the angle. Fold binding back down. Square and press. When you undo the corner after all the sewing, grab the corner of the binding with your teeth (I swear this is what we did in class!) and grab the sides with your fingers and give a little snap. If you need to clip the excess batting etc at the corner.

I think I will just have to be very careful and practice. I glue or pin ALOT.
As a hygienist, I had told my children when they were growing up that teeth are not tools!! I hope that they don't see this thread!!! LOL :)