View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:33 AM
BlueChicken

Ok... I need some opinions please.

I had Ducky's quilt hanging up for a month, and as much as I love it, nothing would come. So last week I took it up to my favourite quilt shop, and had three most excellent ladies help me. They had the absolute perfect fabric and in about ten minutes flat I had a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel. I did want something a bit fancy but it wouldn't have fitted. And it would have made the last border difficult. So, I added a plain border in a fabric that has pretty much all the colours in it, and jazzed it up a bit with a couple of cat shapes and two gold butterflies.

My question is..... does it need something in the top right corner? I think if I put another cat shape up there it will be too much. But perhaps a couple more butterflies would be nice.

And as much as I'm tempted to add 4 or 5 gold butterflies all over, it's not my quilt and I don't want to completely take it over. So.... I will throw in a piece of the fabric I got the butterfly off so that if Ducky wants some more, she can add them.

;-)

Taken at night with a flash, so the colours look a little off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80142[/ATTACH]

Close up of the cats and butterfly. They're not sewn yet, just sitting there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80143[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80137.jpe   attachment-80138.jpe