Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Suzanne57

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I need help fellow quilters and Lostin51. I found a wonderful black singer machien at a yard sale this weekend adn bought it the next day. I am trying to find out about it. It is in excellant shape, SHe even put the needle down on a piece of cloth for protection. It is a model 15 . Here is the info:There is a bronze medallion on the fron that says "The Singer Manfg @ trademark.....AH 396944.. another number 125255. I looked it up and it seems to be made in Elizabth,NJ on Jan 5th 1948, Cannot find the approx value (it's worth a million to me). I googled for hours and this is all I could find. No machine owners guide, nothing. She was asking 165.00 and then this morning it was down to 65.00 and when I asked her why, she was sending it to an orphanage after the sale and said make me an offer. I offered her 50.00 and got it. I also bought an antique wooden ironing board with a mfg date of 1908 on it. Hope someone who reads this can get more info for me. I would so appreciate it. I don't do pictures yt, but I am in the process of learning how to. On Ebay there is one that looks alot like it Item #120577917099but no info on it. Thanks.
I have a 15-91 which has the potted motor (no belt). If you have the same I found a regular manual and an adjuster's manual (repairman's manual) for it. I will be glad to email it to you if they would help. Just pm me or if you want to meet, just let me know.