View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Janeen
Banned

ok, I typed in "licensed fabric" into Google search and came up with a bunch of websites...

Here are just a few of the 'rules'.... research is a good thing ... 8)

The college team fabrics are not suitable for childrens's sleepwear. All patterns have been licensed by the colleges and are for individual consumption only. Any other use of the college fabric is prohibited and illegal.
All Betty Boop patterns are licensed and are for individual consumption only.
Those are from the following website:
http://www.jandofabrics.com/categories.asp?id=4

Where they have tons of licensed (and other) materials.. I didn't read all the info on everything.

One lady fought against the big guys and won - I think....
I'm old and don't want to mess with that kind of stuff..
I've used licensed materials but only to make stuff for my grandkids - not anything that would be sold, same with the Disney stuff on my embroidery machine...
I have seen people who DO use the Disney designs on stuff and they DO sell the stuff... I've even asked one woman about it and her answer was that tired thing people like to trot out about how 'they changed it a little so now it's different and it's not a copyright thing'...

well, yes it is, but if people want to take the chance they can - I don't :roll:

I don't want anybody snarfing my pictures or the designs I've done or claiming one of my paintings, so I like to think I grant others the same courtesy....

It's a fine line....

apparently there's a type of thing that let's people into the US if they are talented or something...
There's an artist in Mobile who has her artwork on a website (nice stuff)...
and somehow she found out that some illegal alien was CLAIMING her artwork as theirs as basis for getting into the country... they weren't using her name but they had sent in pictures of HER ART as 'proof' of their talent...
some people have a LOT of gall..