View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 AM
poodlemom

Local Quilt Store HUH! I was thrilled to learn that we had a Quilting/Fabric store opening right in my little town. Before the opening of this store, the closest was an hour drive away.I am truly addicted to fabric. Shopping in an actual store is the best! Had high hopes for the store. The owner is a very friendly older woman, but sometimes seems quite confused if too many people are in the store. She doesn't answer questions, usually saying; "Oh I don't know". It is a mom and daughter operation, but the daughter is more "behind" the scene Tech person. Four times I have been in this store, four times I have spent money. The last time I was in the store, they were having a sale. I live right on the main st in town, where they are also located, and I had no idea about the sale. I asked where they advertised. The owners were both there and they told me that it was sent out in a email. I have signed their guest book, twice, left all the right info, spoke to the computer tech daughter and gave her my email and still can not get information on sales. It has become a hang out for quilt guild members, which I do not belong to and when they are there sitting around the tables, it's impossible to get any help. They are usually sitting around looking at new fabric lines coming out, talking amongst themselves and eating. I needed fabric cut and one of the woman got up to cut it without wiping her hands off! I had to ask her to and she gave me a horrible look as if I offended her. I would rather do my business online where I am informed of the good sales, received regular correspondence and find friendly, welcoming people like in this group. I certainly don't get it at the store. So after my many attempts at trying to get info from this store and not receiving any, I am left with the feeling that they don't need my business.