View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 AM
littlehud
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marsye
Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by marsye
If no one claims it????? Who could claim it????
They said maybe a person who used that particular self check out before me had not taken their $20 that they asked for.
Actually I just got a phone call about an hour after I posted this story, saying someone had come in today and said they didn't get their $20. So they gave them the $20 I'd given back.
Now I don't want to be suspicious but he could have overheard the goings-on while I was at the Service Desk (there were several people there....customers and employees) and just decided to come back and say it was him. How can they prove it? Did he bring his reciept? How does that prove it didn't get his $20 yesterday and just came back for this $20?
Anyway, my bank won't update my Sat. activity till Mon. morning so I'll check. If it's down $60 from the grocery they told me to bring a copy of my statement and they'll give me $20. So I'm not worried. I did the right thing and that's all that matters to me. If someone falsely said the $20 was theirs they'll have to answer for it someday. Not me.
I bet it was somebody from the quilt board!!!!! :lol: :lol:
You are so funny. But really, people who do the right thing are in the minority now. Or maybe they are not the ones we hear about. Sad isn't it.