View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:37 AM
lazyquilter

with arthritis in both hands now, especially my right thmb area, hand stitching is not my best way to do anything. The only way I can bind is simply cheat. What ever I use as my backing, I make sure will compliment my last border. After I have done what ever it is that I want to in the way of quilting the quilt, I then trim the backing to within 2"s, then fold once and I have to press that fold a bit so it doesn't kinda rumple, if that's a word and then fold the inch that is left over to the front. I press again.. and then I pin it herter and yon to hold that crease, I pick out one of the more stylish stitches that would would with the quilt, using the same thread and then make sure it's even right down the edge of the border so that it's stitched on both sides. Meaning the edge of the border and the quilt. The design stitch would be a bit wide then usual, but since I have gotten the hang fof it, it also looks fine on the backing when it's done. If you cannot climb the entire mountain, then cut through the pass. As long as it gets you there.

blue...