View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I see so many people complaining about how rude and awful shop owners are but have you ever considered what kind of customer you are?

I know of one shop owner that quit selling fabric and has gone to just longarm quilting and one of the reasone she cited was problems with rude and demanding customers.
Well with our experience, we weren't rude nor demanding. She was intent on steering us to the more expensive machine and we thanked her for her time and left.
I, too was a small business owner for 20+ years. My customers were the life blood of my company. One does not treat a client or potential client like this. To act as if her day was interrupted because you walked in the door. If her "attitude" would have been more professional, she would have had a sale.

I shop at Joann's, the managers there are really nice. They don't hesitate to offer discounts if the merchandise isn't up to par. The fabrics they have are good enough for my uses. I don't break the bank when it comes to shopping for fabric. I buy what I need, scour the bargain bins. I don't see the need to pay $10.00 a yard for a fabric when Joann's has it for $5.00 a yard and it's the same thing. I bought 2 yards of a purple Batik last night for $3.50 a yard. Same stuff as the LQS has for 3 or 4 times that amount.