Thread: My house
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 02:14 PM
DA Mayer

We have almost an acre in our little town. We are on a corner lot, the place belonged to my husbands parents before we moved here 24 years ago. There were very few trees by the house and none out by the wishing well/pond area. We started with a small flower bed that turned into a pond. I had a shade perenial garden and when we did the house over we had to move the plants. We made a path with the plants and the next year, put in stepping stones and river rock. My 3 flower gardens are on another part of the yard and that is where the dirt went from digging out a new basement. instead of trying to get grass to grow again I planted perenials. My mom, sisters and I exchange plants so we don't spend as much. Most of my plants are from clearance and if they grew then they grew, I really didn't care too much because it is always fun to find more. We lifted the house and put a new basement in, one of the men that worked on the crew took some plants because he has plants from every place he has worked.