Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by sewgull
Colonoscopies are not high the FUN list of things to do. But they are necessary for a healthier way of life.
Schedule appontment for first thing in the morning, get it over with. Follow directions closly. If you should get dehydration call your doctor, this should not happen.
Don't wait, if you wait you may never get to finish that next quilt. Remember cancer works fast, you run faster.
Well said, I second that. I think perhaps we have convinced her that this is not really a choice but a necessity. We were not aware that you could have colonscopies here in Spain as a choice or this would never have happened to by DH. He had prostrate tests and everything was fine, there was absolutely no sign of this in August when we married last year. One month later he felt unwell and it took them 2 1/2 months of wrongly diagnosing it and my badgering him to go private before he did, 10 days later we knew the disaserous results, donīt wait, this is a silent killer. By the time he actually got to finally get chemo it was too late, he was alrady in the 4 stage of cancer with secondaries in the liver.

I am so happy that so many of you have had this test and been given life again.