View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Phyl

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
My room has no windows, so I painted it a really soft yellow. I have carpet & now wish I had wood... It would be so much easier to swifter all those threads lol But it's a basement & the floor was uneven - it would have been way too much work to try to level it :)
I just saw you have the same cabinets I just put into my newly created quilting room! (The same top too!) I recently had the 1970s dark paneling taken down and painted my new walls a very neutral, light beige. I don't want the color of the walls to make the colors of my fabrics look different than they really are. I had the dark, dark, shelving painted a glorious, bright, washable, shiny white. I did put beige, soft, soft, s...o....f....t carpeting in there as my grandchildren play there and love to sleep on the rug! Since the room is on a cement slab it is cold there and carpet is the way to go. I bought a new chocolate brown couch and as soon as the money builds up again, I want to put in a white cabinet with a new TV. My work table for my machine is my old desk which is the color of the cabinets mentioned before. I have five of those plastic wheeling cabinets with four drawers in them and I am currently sorting my stash into colors, collections, children's fabric, dots, etc and I hope to get MOST of the stash in them. I do have big, flat plastic, under the bed type storage that holds my fat quarters and that will go under my long folding table which I cut and iron on. It is great fun to be reorganizing and hopefully I will have pictures to post in the near future. The room makes me happy! I am very lucky to have a room to do my creative work in. Good luck to all of you with yours.