View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 AM
RugosaB

Right now my husband's working on my sewing room. Long story that includes adding on, kids are young adults now and it has the old dining room/living room combination. We jokingly call the living room his 'man cave' and the dining room is going to be my sewing room. When we added on it included a family room and an eat in area in the kitchen so the dining room never got used for dining anyway. Home Depot carries unfinished kitchen cabinets which we've used a lot, including for my new table that holds my sewing machine and there won't be much wall left to see but this is the old border and the paintcolor. The wood trim below the border is our addition. I liked the border but didn't want the walls green and we couldn't paint blue to my OCD satiasfaction so the edge was hidden with the trim. Fitting with the style of the house, that's how the walls were done back in Victorian times'
The actual paint color is a bit darker, a navy, rather than the royal blue in this pic (on this computer)
I'm sure it's too much color for some but for the longest time I lived with the gray of drywall, I NEED color and there's a window to let in light
I'm going to post pics of the room when it's finished but I suspect it might be a year before then but I've waited 30 years, what's another?

border in sewing room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80384[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80379.jpe