Old 06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
doxieloverred

I am so happy you guys took time out to tell me the pitfalls and pleasures of a raffle quilt. Maybe I can avoid wasting some time and effort. THANK YOU!!!! After consulting my mom and sister we decided to split the work amongst the 3 of us as we all know the family. With so many people working it's really hard to plan to get a group of people together to help these days. There are also so many places competing for their time. Mom is retired, sis works full time with a fairly decent commute, and I work part-time so I'm hoping it will go fairly quickly once we get our act together. :) It will be a fairly simple pattern and we shouldn't have to buy much.
Susie, I know what it's like to work so hard on something and not have it appreciated for the work of art that it is, the effort, the fact that it's handmade, and the love that goes into it. I quit donating handmade items to our loal animal shelter silent auction for that very reason. It was too hard watching handmade stuff made by me and others go for a pittance. I do still donate items to dachshund rescue groups for them to sell to raise money for animal care. One year the cute coats I made were all sold before they hit the booth table! LOL I also was going to make pjs for all the young great nieces and nephews this year but decided the parents wouldn't appreciate it so I'm not wasting valuable time on them.
Thank you all for the advice and the time you took out of your busy day. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. Karen