View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 05:24 PM
thismomquilts

I LOVE our one remaining LQS. We had three... one lady moved (rarely went there though it was the closest - she was very rude and always too busy to answer any questions or offer much help), another closed due to the age of the owners (poor people did not want to close but had to) and the third is THE best. They offer a wide variety of fabrics, wonderfully friendly staff and are very, very helpful but leave one alone if one wants to just browse. I do not go often but do go when I have a specific project. There is another quilt shop about 40 miles south - I love going down there as a day out with other quilters - so much fun. It was getting to the point that WM's choices (here at least) were minimal in quality. JoAnn's has some good choices, but the prices are beginning to match the LQS so I'd just as soon support the LQS... and while JA's has wonderful coupons they are making it harder and harder to get the sales - 40% off REGULAR priced items - when all the items are on sale - give me a break.