Old 06-06-2010, 07:01 PM
xstatic 4 quilting

I was just on the live chat and it goes way to fast for me. I got lost in the shuffle. I am making a quilt for my boyfriends daughter. The quilt was going to be a twin but we ended up getting her a queen size bed. She is going to be very tall {she's 5'4" and only 12 she's taking after her dad, he's is 6'4"}. Anyway, I had to just add to it to turn it into a queen. I have pretty much been making this thing up as I go along. I have made things too short and had to be creative and figure out a way to fix it. That was my first dellima. The way I fixed it was adding the backing color to the front. My second dellima: I had planned on using the backing color as the last border but, if I did then it would be to big for the queen size batting that I was going to use. So I didn't add it on. My third dellima: I got to the point to where I glued the top to the batting then added the backing. Well, I cut the backing too short. The fourth dellima: I used four different colors on the front of the quilt. On each row I kept adding colors. On the last row I had all four colors (not including the backing color to repair my previous mistake) sewn together on each side. I was going to do the binding in all 4 colors. One on each side but, I didn't have enough of every color. So I stitched them all together in random lengths. The fifth dellima: Well since I didn't use the back color on the front, the last row and the binding were pretty much the same, all four colors sewn together, and it just didn't look right. I thought about adding the backing color to break up the colors and then add the binding on. Which is where my LAST DELLIMA is now. How do I add extra batting on? They tried to tell me on the live chat but I can't type fast and read at the same time. They all know each other or so it seems. So I felt like I was interrupting their conversations. They said to sew on more batting, unglue everything and add on to the backing. I understood the unglueing part and adding on to the backing but I have absolutely no idea how to add to the batting. Can someone please help me, that is if you can even understand what I wrote?