Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 AM
xstatic 4 quilting

Thank you so very much for all of the helpful suggestions. I will post my picture of the quilt soon. The idea for this quilt came from a curtain that I bought for Kirsten (my boyfriends daughter). The curtain was to long for her window so I cut the bottom off and hemmed it. Then the idea hit me to use it to make a quilt to tie every thing together. This is only my second quilt and I don't mean to seem like I'm bragging but, I am pretty proud of it :). I know that it is no where near as good a job as so many of you other quilters would do. I am self taught, I guess that is what you would call it. When I was little, 6 or 7 at the earliest, to stay out of my mom, my aunt and my grandma's hair so they could visit they gave my cousins and I newspapers, needles and thread and told us to go sew the newspaper into anything we wanted. We sewed purses and wallets and all sorts of things. Then, my best friend and I sewed barbie clothes and we used cardboard as our patterns. Later, in the 8th grade, I took home economics. That was in 1980, I don't remember if I took it in the 7th or 9th grade or not. I know I did one other year though. I have watched some videos, recently, too. I wish that I knew where to find more. I would love to learn how to applique. Do any of you know where to find videos on appliqueing? I need to be shown, it is so much easier for me. Oh yeah, I don't remember who it was that said that they didn't know what I meant by gluing my sandwich together. I use spray glue to hold my quilt together until I can sew it. I don't have it with me now but if you want the name of it I can give it to you later. Just let me know. :thumbup: Thanks again I appreciate ya'll very much. Ya'll are the very best. I received so many answers. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!