Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Deara

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Deara
Hubby & I went back to the Antique Show and this is one of three we found this afternoon.

On the slide plate above the shuttle bobbin it says, W.A. Henderson & Co. General Acts, USA. There were these numbers on the other slide plate, 3334.

I am at a loss to the age of this machine. Hubby & I think it is Civil War era. Does anyone have any ideas about her age?

Blessings,
Sandi
Whoa Paw Foot alert!!

You would be surprised at how many of those type of machines were built in the 1870's and 1880's. But I think you have something here with this one. I will look around the NB and see if I can find anything. I am really amazed that the shuttle is still with the machine!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Does it still function or is the little one locked up? Either way you have a wonderful piece of history in your hands!!!

Oh and do not even consider painting this one yet until we can find out more about it.

Billy
This machine is amazing. There was a needle in it and it was jammed. Hubby removed the bent needle and she moves (shuttle) freely back and forth. There is no way I am painting this or even gonna clean her. I will wipe her down with some oil. She earned her wonderful patina and she deserves to remain this way.
I thank you Billy for your help in finding out her history. Hubby would love to show her off at an antique show he will be a part of this August. She will be a wonderful attention getter.

Blessings,
Sandi