View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 AM
katsewnsew

I should probably clarify my interest better than I did earlier. I had a Handi Quilter about 7 yrs. ago. Used it with my Juki. By the time I got the quilt on and started, it was time to roll it again, couldn't get a nice sized pattern accross the quilt because the space got limited every time you rolled the quilt. Sold that. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a longarm and frame. I have started working Leann Days designs, practiced, and enjoy quilting my own. Of course, I am not a pro, but practice does make near perfect! These tabletops would serve my purpose for a few reasons, 1, the space - we are presently downsizing, selling the house, so my sewing room would be much smaller. 2. I don't plan on making this a business, just a nice machine with a chair that has capacity for my quilt. 3., costs comes into play as I do not feel the need to spend over $5,000 +. So you see, I want something simple, but will keep me content on the fmq, stenciling part of the quilting. I am sure there are some of you who prefer to do your own quilting. This just seems like a very good way, and not as expensive. Anyone out there have a tabletop???? Let us know how you feel. Thanks,