Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh boy Rachel..so glad you already got your software, that was quick! Come on, jump right on in! :D
I know!! I am so excited!! I still have to figure out what I am going to do for the background. I don’t know if I should just buy a bolt of fabric so it’s all the same (sashing too) or maybe do a dark blue scrappy look for the blocks. I don’t want the piecing to get lost in the background, so I am not sure if scrappy would be a good idea ….. But then the thought of buying a bolt of fabric right now is daunting LOL

Rachel
Love your circular idea for the blocks Rachel, I bought a bolt of Kona cotton from Hancocks of Paducah (15 yards, and it has done everything (background, sashing and plain tris). There is also enough left to do the scallops on the edge too, so the only other fabric I needed was the backing. Since mine was in a natural colour, I ordered their 120in wide natural to match. It's on its way now - I've been waiting for it for about two weeks so far, so it won't be much longer.
Great idea on buying the bolt from Hancocks, I see if you buy more than 2 yards, it ends up being $4 a yard. Not bad! …. Hmmm maybe I can even get a Kona bolt at Joanns with a coupon ……. How much of your bolt do you have left after all that? Do you think I need the full 15 yards? I know Pat said I didn’t LOL, but since you are finished and you did buy a bolt, you can probably tell me pretty easily. :)

The circular pattern was 100% Pat’s idea and I LOVE it!! She also came up with the totally white blocks in there. I wasn’t sure at first because I really wanted just orange and blue, but the more I look at it I think it really compliments it and makes it not too overpowering. We have to figure out how she can get me the file once I have the software, and I might play around a little more.

I am so excited to get started, but it’ll probably still be a little bit before I can get enough fabric to get started. That’s okay though. I plan on jumping in on the week you are on whenever I start and then working on the previous weeks as I can. :)

Rachel