View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jois
Bamboo batting after quilting seemed lifeless.
No spring, no something I probably can't describe.
I didn't think it draped right.
Just unhappy with it.

Saving my other bamboo batt for making fat-quarter sized changing pads for babies and for the bottom of my dog's crate.

Warm and natural is much better all the way around but I couldn't resist trying something new. While bamboo is a natural fast growing tree the conversion to fiber is not without cost and not lauded for its greeness in the making of the fiber.

Jois
did you wash it after ? the one i did with bamboo was wonderful after it was washed, plumped, soft...i loved it! my favorite batting to use hand or machine though is the wool batts, i absolutely love using them. they wash up wonderfully, are oh so soft, breathable, warm...and a joy to needle through. and if you look around you can find them for about the same price as warm & natural or hobbs 80/20
i've also used the green batt , which is made from recycled plastic bottles...it was ok to work with, and so far is holding up well...only downfall---it's green...so you cant put it into a light colored quilt. it will show through ( i machine quilted this one though, so i don't know how it is to needle by hand)