View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Does anyone else have this or am I just crazy??? I know so many of you have huge stashes, but I actually HATE buying fabrics unless they are for a very specific project. Not because I don’t want to, but because I am scared. The only thing I can think when buying is, what the heck will this go with? Why am I buying this? This will never match any of my other fabrics, so it’ll never get used. I actually freeze up and end up buying nothing, even when it's a GREAT sale. Whenever I look at fabric pictures people post, I love them so much, but then when I go to buy them, I start hyperventilating. I do have a stash of sorts that is big chunks of leftovers from previous projects and big chunks that I got from the leftovers bin at my LQS, but other than that I find it very difficult to buy fabric that has no current purpose!

Am I crazy?!?!?

Rachel
It's always good to have 'blenders', so a stash of them is always good to have! I get prints when I just LOVE them. And I generally buy more than the blenders I get. For example, I'll get a yard each of blenders, and enough of the prints I love to either do borders or a back - or both.