View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by ggquilter
Originally Posted by Tiffany
I rarely ever make the same pattern twice, and likely just for that reason. I just did a couple of baby quilts for my cousin who had twins and the second one took me forever! Once I've done a pattern, I'm ready to move on to another one. There are simply too many amazing patterns out there for me to want to concentrate on just a handful. That said, I have done the log cabin and bargello quilts more than once.
I would guess that your log cabin and bargello quilts are all different. Using the same technique is not the same as making the same quilt again.I don't make the same quilt more than once and I don't use patterns. However I work in a series using the same technique or variation of a block serveral times until I have explored all of the "what if"s that I want to. I can do that to a point in EQ but it only takes me so far and then I want to make it in real fabric.
You are right, each of my log cabins and bargellos look completely different from the other. I think in the future I may explore working in a series. Right now I'm just trying to get everything done that I've promised to do, which means I'm going to go take a nap now. :lol: