Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Rachel, just for your own information, the fabric bolts from Joann's are usually only around 6-8 yards of fabric. At least it is for my shop here. I asked one of the gals working there about it and was told it is normal for them. I want to mention this, in case your store does the same thing. It means a bolt might not be enough from there, depending on how you plan to use it.

Hancocks of Paducah is NOT affiliated with the Hancocks outlet chains. There is a big difference in quality and prices and a coupon or sale with one is not honored at the other.
These are both good pieces of information to know. I think I will just go with Hancock's of Paducah when I am ready. At least I know that it's good quality for this quilt since there is experience using it here. This is not a quilt where I want to take a chance on quality. Plus you can't go wrong at $4 a yard!! I will be pre-washing too, something I rarely do except for swaps, but for the time and effort being put into this one, I think it necessary.

Cheers!
Rachel