View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
Rachel, I'm glad you posted this. I feel very much the same. I get so overwhelmed and afraid...I never know how much to buy, or if it will 'go'. Last week I found a fantastic quilt shop that was having a big sale. I was afraid I would freeze as usual. I pushed myself, and I decided to buy a kit (30% off)and found the backing on the sale table. ($4/yd instead of $9). I then found some fabrics that I think I can use together and the owner helped me decide how much to buy. Whew! Exciting! I really like your idea of getting color of the month blenders! Great plan! We can do this!
Yay! I’m not the only one. :) I am so bad at this!! I went to a big quilt shop recently and they even had some great sales, and I just couldn’t bring myself to buy even though I had the money. It’s so weird, I go in saying “That’s it! I am going to buy 2 yards of a fabric I like today.” Then when I get in there, all the fears come back and I leave with nadda. *sigh* Alright, I have decided. I am going to focus on one color a month purchasing blenders, I will buy ˝ yard each because I make mostly scrappy quilts anyway. Maybe if I get comfortable with this and I see a stash building, I’ll get comfortable with buying other stuff too. Lynn – We should both do this and post at the end of the month our new “stash” fabrics!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel