View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Gramof6

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
you are the person i want to be when i grow up. (which i'm beginning to think is never going to happen. :roll: )

i wish i had your common sense and self control. i might have a guest room instead of a storage room. :?

be yourself. you're doing great. :thumbup:

I used to think this way. Then I lost it. Figured life is short & ya never know with the way the economy is or can be, so might as well just buy fabric now. Kind of like an investment. LOL I even get a kick out of going to Quilt In A Day site and ordering from their site. Every week they put a certain color or pattern of fabric on Sale. So I hit it. I Shop other online places as well when they have Sales. Blenders are wonderful to have on hand. Whites & Creams, and your primary colors as well. I also started collecting reproductions from the 30's & CW. If I needed to, I could make many quilts without ever leaving the house for fabric. That is a good feeling. But I keep adding. LOL My Mom & a couple of my friends Shop my Stash also, so I try to keep a good amt. so they can keep on sewing. When DH retires I may not be able to buy fabric often so I am getting prepared now! LOL That is my story & I am sticking to it. Oh! And I am also trying to help stimulate the economy. LOL But other than my grandkids, this is the only thing I splurge on. DH knows I am cheap on him so he doesn't mind. :thumbup: